The "Village" was settled in the early 1850s and received its name from the support of a Texas Pacific Railroad official,
honoring John C. Keller after the site became a stop on the railroad line. By 1882, the settlement, formerly known as Athol, become present-day Keller. Keller began to prosper due to the railroad service, the former village became a booming trade center for the surrounding farm community. Today Keller is energetic, diverse, and growing toward a bright future.